I’ve been Leibstered- which sounds really naughty, but I’ve been told that it means another blogger out there in the blogger universe, likes your blog…. Did I just use the word blog 3 times in a sentence?
Thanks Surrounded By Pretty!
But like most things in life, there are rules to this Leibster game. You can’t just be a taker, you have to give back. And while I’ve never been one to handle chain emails well, I feel obligated to pass this torch.
Mostly for fear of bad blog karma, like nasty commentators, eons of no followers or not getting any Christmas cards this year
So the rules to ensure no bad blog karma are:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you. – Surrounded By Pretty
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers.
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
My ten questions from Surrounded By Pretty are:
1. Why did you start your blog?
When we moved out of London to start this project called Abe, by commute tripled. It’s now a long ass commute and because I’m not interested in learning a language, it’s either write the blog or play candy crush for 3 hours everyday.
2. What were your original goals when you started your blog?
To busy my mind and have a place to show friends and family what we’ve done with our first house. Like a progress report.
3. Have your goals changed since then?
4. How do you spread the word about your blog?
My poor friends on Facebook get harassed every time I post something new. #friendsareforlifenotjustmarketing
5. What’s your favorite snack?
Blueberries. Buckets of them. I don’t care what colour they turn my poo.
6. What do you (secretly) love spending money on? (i.e. shoes)
7. What draws your attention to blog posts?
Same thing as a movie- use of strong language, good set design and Ryan Gosling
8. How frequent do you post?
Outside the hours of Mon-Fri 9/5.
9. What’s your idea of a perfect Saturday night?
In Cheboygan with all my Brits and Yankee fam and friends, and a dog
10. What’s your favorite post on my blog?
Cheeky question! Is this an opportunity for another link to your blog? I’m sensing I’m a pawn in a Ponzi scheme.
Ok, you got me, I loved your back yard post
Now to pass the buck to some other poor unsuspecting blogs that I dig
I’m shortening the criteria though- lets just do 5 questions and 5 blogs. Maybe I always half ass things on a Sat morning, but today 10 seems extravagant.
1. Would you rather have under floor heating, or be able to walk around your house nakey.
2. If you could have a drone, what would you use it for? (e.g I’d fill it with red apple jelly beans and have it explode over my home…..or an orphanage, ok my home but an orphanage makes me sound like a less selfish person).
3. Do you want to be famous?
4. What do you find most rewarding about blogging?
5. If you had an extra £1000 how would you spend it?
That’s that. I’m hoping it is just enough now to avoid bad blogger karma. If any of you actually answer those questions on your blog I promise triple readership and pleasant happy comments.
And for my crew, share your answers to the questions in the comments.
I’ll start- Naked, Jelly Beans, Duh, Finding my voice and Art
Have a fab weekend and an easy fast my fellow Jews. Here’s to hoping God remembers how to spell your name today